2015 Nor Cal ASA 8u Tournament Rules
1. All sanctioned 8U tournaments will be classified as "OPEN".
2. All 8U teams are classified as "OPEN".
3. 11" low compression softball.
4. These are the official rules for Nor Cal ASA sanctioned tournament. These rules cannot be modified.
Exception:Tournament Directors can remove the bunting rule at their discretion.
Time Limit: No new inning after 1 hour 15 minutes or 6 full innings.
Pool Play to single elimination, Double Elimination or Round Robin.
Each team should receive at least a 30 minute break between games, whenever possible.
1. Bases: 60 Feet maximum.
2. For the first 2 innings there will be a 4 runs per inning per team maximum. Starting with the 3rd inning you will be able to increase your lead by 4 runs per inning (if you are already tied or ahead)or go up by 4 if you are trailing.
3. No Stealing.
4. Lead off permitted on release.
a. On a throw to first base the following occurs. No batter can advance to second base as a result of an errant throw to first base. All other Runners may only advance one base past the base they are going to on an errant throw to first base with liability of being put out if the ball stays in live ball territory.
b. On a throw to any other base or position. If on a throw to any other base an errant throw occurs all runners and batter/runner may advance one base past the base they are going to with liability of being put out.
c. The umpire will only award a base to the runners if the ball has been thrown out of play. No bases will be awarded on errant throws when the ball stays in play.
d. Runner and batter/runner may be put out if they advance beyond the base they are entitled to on the errant throw. At the end of play the umpire will return all runners to the base they are entitled to if they have not been put out.
1. 10 players may be allowed on defense in the field at any one time, four of which are outfielders. Outfielders must position themselves at least 10 feet behind the baseline.
2. No Infield Fly Rule.
3. Play stops when ball hit to outfield gets in the control of the pitcher, who is in the infield.
1. Everyone bats and free defensive substitutions.
2. No dropped 3rd strike. Runners may not advance.
3. Bunting is allowed. Exception: No bunting off coach/pitch.
1. Pitching distance: Player and Coach 30 feet.
2. Players will pitch to opposing team. 2 inning limit for pitchers, plus 1 additional if the game goes more than 4 innings. One pitch in an inning constitutes a complete inning.
3. No walks.
a. A coach/pitcher will enter the circle when 4 balls have been called by the umpire. Coach must pitch "legal" pitches from pitching rubber.
b. The coach/pitcher will resume the player/pitcher strike count and will throw no more than three (3) pitches with the umpire calling balls/ strikes.
c. If the pitch is not put into play by the last pitch, the batter is out.
Exception: If the last pitch is a foul ball, pitching continues until the ball is hit and put in play or the batter is called out.
d. Batter will NOT be awarded a base on a Hit by Pitch from the coach/pitcher, but will by a player/pitcher.
4. If a batted ball hits the coach/pitcher the ball is dead and the batter is out. At no time shall the coach/pitcher obstruct play.
5. Player/Pitcher must have one foot in the circle at the time of coach/pitcher is pitching.
6. Coach/Pitcher must stay in the circle during play and MAY NOT provide Coaching assistance.